The Lord Mayor’s Seniors Cabaret is an initiative of Brisbane City Council and is produced by Epiphany Productions (Aust).
We would love for you to join in and have some fun!
Hone your performance skills working one-on-one alongside some of Australia’s star performers and vocal coaches.
Register your details and be involved in our free 3-hour masterclasses held through July 2019.
Selected participants will then have the opportunity to perform in showcase performances throughout August 2019 and then possibly be chosen to perform at Brisbane City Hall in the Lord Mayor’s Seniors Cabaret Gala Concert on Sunday 6 October.
Whether you have dreamed of performing on stage and have never taken that final step or you are a seasoned performer, these free masterclasses will have something for everyone.
What's it all about?
The theme for this year's program is 'It's your time to shine'. You can choose whatever you'd like to perform and work one-on-one alongside professional mentors in a friendly welcoming masterclass environment.
Registered participants are guided through the processes of polishing their performance presentation, whether it be in dancing, singing, comedy or instrumental.
The Lord Mayor’s Seniors’ Cabaret program provides participants with the tools and encouragement to successfully perform in public events.
Where and when?
10 masterclasses will take place throughout Brisbane in the month of July. Choose which dates you'd prefer.
10 professional mentors will work closely with each participant in each masterclass
We have identified the top ten concerns that continually arise when performing on stage or in front of others.
All our masterclasses this year will focus on these common concerns or attributes.
Our 10 developmental masterclasses to help you ‘shine’ are;
• Stage fright – how to overcome your nerves when you’re performing in front of others with David Rogers-Smith
• Stagecraft – what to do on stage when you don’t know what to do with Jackie Love
• Vocal Technique – learn what is actually happening physically when you sing with Daniel Robinson
• Jazz – experience the difference in Jazz techniques with Ingrid James
• Group singing – feel the buzz (the love) and the thrill of learning a song together with Jonathan Welch
• Song & dance – let’s choreograph a song & dance routine with Dale Pengelly
• Singing with an Instrument – tips on how to perform with your instrument & your voice with Angela Toohey
• Backing tracks or live musicians – The pro’s and cons of each – but let’s try it live with Normie Rowe
• A healthy voice – the do’s and don’ts of maintaining a healthy voice with Jason Barry-Smith
• Is that what I look like? – watch a video of yourself performing and then discuss how you can improve with Gregory Moore
Spaces in the masterclasses are limited (so get in quickly and register) each participant will have the opportunity to choose which masterclass they would like to work on and in turn, overcome or become more educated and confident in this capacity.
We will then perform 8 Showcase performances throughout August and September at local shopping centres, community halls, league clubs and theatres throughout Brisbane.
Below are the final two performances of the program.
Sunday 29 September 2019
Cabaret in the Mall
Queen Street Upper stage - Performances at 12pm and 1pm
Sunday 6 October 2019
The Lord Mayor’s Seniors Gala Cabaret concert at Brisbane City Hall at 2pm
This goes without saying! The big Gala finale! Three months of masterclasses, showcases and public performances accumulate in this final Gala performance event.
There are no winners on the day, no-one is judged, this is purely a celebration and a showcase of what can be achieved by our senior’s talent in Brisbane!
Watch highlights from last year's Lord Mayor's Seniors Gala Cabaret concert HERE
Tickets for the Gala concert at Brisbane City Hall are available from the 1st of August via the QTIX website or by calling 136 246.
Let’s chat! Pick up the phone or shoot us an email